There are HEAPS of lessons we learn in business… In fact, I reckon you could write an encyclopaedia of business lessons and tips – and still you wouldn’t have them all covered.
In 10 years of coaching and mentoring I have learned so much (some good and some not-so-good) about business, and I continue to learn each day….There are though, I believe, three MAJOR lessons – as business owners, we MUST learn.
Check out this week’s video on what those major lessons are…
My Top 3 Tips For Business Owners
1. Make Sure You Serve A Tight Niche Market
Realise, that when you SPECIALISE you get an increase in demand.
- Move from being the master of ALL trades – to specialising in ONE.
- Choose just ONE industry – define your Niche.
- Don’t be afraid to be ONE thing to a NICHE of MANY.
2. Work Harder On Yourself Than You Do On Your Business
Respect that you need to work harder on yourself than you do on your business (its a tough notion – but very ‘doable’)
- You never reach the pinnacle of knowing everything. Continue to learn, learn and then, learn some more.
- It’s not easy working on yourself, educating and investing in yourself, but it’s NEVER a distraction. It’s an INVESTMENT.
- Sometimes, just learning ONE thing provides the biggest SHIFT.
3. Get The Right Business Model
Choosing the right business model equals your success. Think on it. Do you have the right model for you? This ONE difference could be the one key to your success and synergy.
- Passion + Model = RESULTS
- Choose your Model carefully – it’s got to be right for you.
- MASTER the Model
This year, I will be presenting again at the Strategic Entrepreneur Summit
A unique opportunity to see leading Entrepreneurs deliver on where and how they started, their successes and failures, and their journey along the way….
Also, with some of Australia’s foremost specialists in Business, Investment and Marketing as Speakers, you will take away an enormous amount of immediately “workable” information, skills and strategies…
See a HUGE list of successful business owners including:
- Hungry Jack Cowen (founder of Hungry Jacks, Bridgeclimb and Managing Director of CFAL Group)
- Tony Nash (Founder and CEO of Booktopia)
- Nick Bowditch (SMB Marketing Consultant)
- Siimon Reynolds and Brian Sher (Founders of The Fortune Institute)
I would love to read your comments below, especially if you have a “top tips” list for business owners